Safe Schools for Alex was formed to provide parents, school districts and law enforcement the most current school safety best practices, resources, and tools so children can learn in a safe environment.
- February 2020 – Max meets with President Trump in the Oval Office for the launch of the new federal school safety website.
SchoolSafety.gov provides best practices, resources, and tools, so children can learn in a safe environment.
- November 2019 – Max is asked to assist the U. S. Secret Service. He accompanies them on their first nationwide tour to prevent school attacks.
- June 2019 – The new Federal School Safety Clearinghouse is created at The Department of Homeland Security. After 15 trips to Washington D.C. and 150 meetings with members of Congress and the White House, Max’s vision finally became a reality.
- April 2019 – Max establishes the Alex Schachter Scholarship Fund to support the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Band and music education nationwide. This initiative has raised $150,000 to date.
- March 2018 – Max was appointed to serve on the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission established by former Governor Rick Scott. The commission is tasked with investigating the Parkland massacre and developing recommendations to protect Florida’s schools.
- February 2018 – Max helped pass The Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act in the Florida Legislature to fix the failures that led to the Parkland massacre.
President Trump announced the creation of the Federal School Safety Clearinghouse & SchoolSafety.gov, as recommended by Alex's father Max Schachter.